Consistently with its scope, the SPRINT project will pursue the following objectives:
Moreover, SPRINT contributes to the realisation of the IF by:
- Define a reference architecture for the Shift2Rail Interoperability Framework (IF), which will take into account recent advances in the design and development of distributed systems, and in particular of cloud-based ones;
- Define techniques facilitating, in particular by increasing their level of automation, activities that are central to the concept of IF, such as the collaborative creation and management of ontologies and of semantic-based mappings between heterogeneous data representations;
- Demonstrate the proposed improvements to the IF through a proof-of-concept implementation that will reach at least TRL 4.
- masking the complexity of interoperability to travel applications by publishing in the IF’s Assets Manager uniform abstractions of services enabling travel applications to know how to communicate with them (e.g., web service/API interfaces, communication protocols);
- providing additional technical means to operate on the “web of transportation data”; for example, the IF will enhance its ability to act as a (distributed) broker to communicate with different services and as a means to dynamically discover, bind and inject data and services, including the Mobility Service Provider (MSP) identification on the basis of their geographical area and offered service capabilities.
NOTE - The Technology Readiness Level of research results is evaluated according to the following table: